While in her role as Blended Learning Manager at Babson Executive Education (BEE), Bonnie worked with esteemed faculty to create a simulation to bring Babson’s Entrepreneurial Thought and Action to life. This simulation empowers aspiring leaders with the essential principles of entrepreneurship in a dynamic and engaging format.
- 3 award-winning faculty in the field of entrepreneurship education
- 1 cup of challenging scenarios
- 2 tablespoons of decision-making challenges
- 3 teaspoons of strategic thinking exercises
- A splash of calculated risk-taking
- Preheat your creative oven and gather all the required ingredients.
- Start by crafting a set of challenging scenarios. Imagine various situations that will put the participants’ decision-making skills and critical thinking abilities to the test. Remember to keep the scenarios diverse and thought-provoking to maintain the participants’ engagement.
- Mix in the decision-making challenges. These can range from complex business dilemmas to ethical quandaries or time-sensitive situations. Each challenge should promote active participation and encourage participants to apply their skills in a realistic setting.
- Sprinkle in the strategic thinking exercises. Provide opportunities for participants to analyze situations from different angles, evaluate risks and rewards, and develop effective strategies. This ingredient will help participants enhance their ability to think strategically and make informed decisions.
- Incorporate the innovative problem-solving element. Encourage participants to think outside the box and explore creative solutions to the challenges they encounter. This will foster a mindset of innovation and open up new possibilities.
- Add a splash of calculated risk-taking. Design elements that allow participants to take risks within the simulation, providing them the chance to learn from both successes and failures. This ingredient will nurture participants’ ability to handle uncertainty and embrace calculated risks in a safe environment.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the simulation. Remember, the quality of the design heavily influences the overall experience of the participants.
- Allow the simulation to bake, giving participants the time and opportunity to navigate through the challenging scenarios, make decisions, and learn from their actions.
- Serve the immersive simulation experience with enthusiasm and watch the magic happen!